Saturday, July 11, 2015

Christmas 2014



For Christmas, my mom came out from Virginia. I was still pretty tired and not the best company, but we did make it out to the train museum downtown. Tyler loves reading the book she gave him about having a pet train, so he was thrilled that he got to meet this one, and promised to come back to visit it often. 




Christmas Day is now a blur to me, but I remember working hard to get Tyrien to smile for this picture...



I also remember being thrilled that Tyler still will take a break from opening gifts to go play. How lucky to get to spend time in his room with his two grandmas, playing with his new legos!


When I came back from his room, I came upon this precious sight. All curled up with a blanket and a new bath toy. John said it best, "They grow up so fast!"



The best gift of all, was seeing the promise come true - when Tyler got lonely, as he was sleeping alone in his room, while Tyson, Tyrien, Vader and I all slept in the master bedroom, I promised him that as soon as Tyrien is old enough, they could share a bedroom. I went on to promise that they could have bunk beds. Sure enough, on Christmas morning, Tyler found a long, narrow, heavy box. I'd told him he could have the top bunk, but he decided, "It's not safe to sleep on the top bunk until you turn six." So the bottom bunk it is...The look on his face when he first climbed into that bed was priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!