Sunday, March 31, 2013

A Brief Visit

A few nights ago, I saw Vader stop abruptly, silent, and drop low to the ground. I went to see what he was stalking, and just inside our front door found this:



I considered waking Tyson but decided to take pictures instead. When I got my camera, he was on his way back outside, yet returned to pose for a picture. He coiled up and shook his rattle-less tail at me, as though trying to intimidate me. I took some flash photos, prompting him to turned his back on me, and he slowly slithered back outside.


Two nights before that, I woke up to discover a swollen, itchy big toe, with a spider bite in the middle of it. We also discovered a brown recluse a few weeks ago. It's kind of exciting to think what other creatures might be lurking in our home. But a snake like this is a welcome guest. I just have to make sure Vader doesn't  eat it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!