Sunday, December 18, 2022

Office Team Building

 

I've directed a health and wellness center since 2009, and in December of 2020, was asked to direct a job training program as well. I am known in the industry for having really high employee retention for an industry where employee burnout and turnover are extremely high. The saying goes, "the average life span of a case manager is one year." My secrets are: 1) create a job where employees can see that the work they do is life changing for the people we serve, 2) showing employees that I actually care about them as people - I care about their families, their pets, their hobbies, their retirement planning, and 3) making work a fun place to be. This year I fully supported the idea of having a team building activity at the Breaking Point. 

We had a blast!

Some employees suited up for the "rage room", where they bashed a windshield with bats, threw glass bottles, and broke goodness knows what else:






Others enjoyed a lively game of foosball:


Some employees went into the paint room to throw paint on the walls and ceilings and then create masterpieces on canvas.

I preferred to spend my time in this room:


I loved seeing which weapons were best for which employees - Victoria swore by the red "Batman", I preferred that large black hatchet, while Dave and Beth were masters of the throwing stars. Victoria was amazing with the knives, too. 


After we maxed out our time, we enjoyed a fabulous catered meal from a local Greek restaurant. Then I asked employees to role model health and wellness by doing whatever was best for their health and wellness for the rest of the afternoon. In my case, it was picking Tyrien up from school, as he had early release, and heading home to build marshmallow blasters! What an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!