Sunday, March 21, 2010

Still waiting...

So we’ve made it past the 40 week mark. I thought from the beginning that Godot would make a late arrival. I’m still relatively comfortable so it seems like we might be waiting a few more days, but Tyson’s definitely anxious to meet this kid face to face, and I’m starting to feel that way, too. Maybe Godot’s waiting to be born on his Grandpa Glass’s or Aunt Jonell’s birthday? Or maybe it’ll turn out that I’m just very lucky and will skip the uncomfortable phase and go straight to labor?
As this pregnancy draws to a close, I like to think back to all the things I was surprised by:
How much I slept in the first trimester
How much energy I had in the second trimester
How dependent I’ve become on a pillow between my knees to be able to sleep
How much effort it takes to roll over/get out of bed
How much longer it takes me to clean the house
How much I’d come to enjoy my “roommate” - kicking, pushing, and all
The nosebleeds
The snoring
The earwax! Seriously, what’s up with the earwax???

Tyson definitely had some nesting thing going on this weekend. He installed a microwave/hood above our range, repaired our screen door, bottled 10 gallons worth of beer (I helped), and finished up countless other tasks, too. As for me, I just cleaned. That’s my typical weekend, though I used to be able to get it all done in one day, whereas these days it’s spread out over three, even with Tyson’s help. Finally, the house feels clean. Maybe that's what Godot's been waiting for...
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!