Saturday, January 30, 2010

Am I supposed to be overwhelmed?

Tonight I put together the crib, it all seems a bit surreal. Is there a point before the actual birth that makes you realize your life is going to be completely different?

I rationalize it, I know the baby is coming only a mere 7 weeks from now, but even after assembling the crib I cannot grasp the reality of having a child. I feel like there is something wrong with me. Is this normal? Am I in denial? Is it that I understand what is actually coming, and cannot mentally prepare for it more than I already have?

It isn't normal for me to be as laid back as I have been the last 7 months. Normally I worry, worry,and then worry some more. This situation has been completely differnt, and that worries me!

Here are the pictures of the crib and the "Pirate Bear", he has been protecting this room for many moons, Cheryl wants a Jungle theme in the room, what about a pirate theme...hmmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!